Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is the latest phone that Samsung has released. It’s amazing phone with a lot of features that is sure to please every cell phone user. Whether you look at a phone for the camera, battery life, operating system, processor for multi-tasking, gaming or social media, this phone fits all the shoes. I’ve had this phone for a few weeks now and I can’t even begin to explain the ways that this phone has changed the way I look at cell phones.
First let me go into detail about a few of my favorite features. Since I take a lot if photos with my phone and I do me A LOT, the camera is an important feature to me. I have an iPhone 6S Plus and while I REALLY do love Apple products and I am an Apple lover at heart, my iPhone has zero comparison when it comes to the quality of the photos from the Galaxy S7 Edge. Here’s a few photos from the Galaxy…. all I have done is resized them (smaller) and added a watermark, but otherwise these are straight from the rear facing camera.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Specs
- Weighs 5.54 ounces
- Screen Size is 5.5 inches
- Resolution of 1440 x 2560
- Android v6.0 Marshmallow
- 12 MP Rear Camera with Auto Focus
- 5 MP Front Camera
- 27 Hours talk time on battery
- Fast charging (60% in 30 minutes)
- Wireless charging (sold separately)
- Li-ion 3600 mAh Battery
- Comes in Black, Gold. Silver and Rose Gold
- Released February 2016
- Spit Screen for multi-tasking
- Waterproof up to 5 feet (no worry about those minor spills with this phone!)
- Take a photo capture while you are filming a video (the coolest feature ever!)
Personally I have loved this phone. I guess the “edge” part of it could be a plus and a minus. I really liked the ticker for social media and what not, it did make picture taking a bit more challenging. It’s worth mentioning because when I handed the phone to my teen for photos she struggled some. Even though the quality was amazing, this feature really was kind of a bummer and did make us miss some great shots. I did like the ticker notifications though and especially loved that at night it would be dim and it would show the clock and if an alarm was set. That was a very neat feature that my iPhone doesn’t have at all. What a bummer, because I miss it, A LOT!
Along with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge we also used the Ultimate Ears Megaboom speaker and the Moto 360 Smart Watch. The UE Megaboom Speaker was such a hit in my household. Everyone was fighting for it!
While this photo shows the speaker in my bathroom (that was just one of the 100’s of places this thing traveled) it worked well in larger spaces liked the living room, kitchen, dining room and even outdoors. This speaker was set apart from the competitors for me because it is waterproof. Not only did you get amazingly high sound volume that was crisp and clear it was waterproof. So I didn’t have to worry about a splash here or a splash there of water from doing dishes or the pool, the lake, the shower, it was okay! With key features like:
- Portable wireless speaker delivers 360-degree sound with deep, heart-pounding bass
- Grab ‘n’ go waterproof (IPX7) shape
- Additional, expanding set of features available through UE MEGABOOM app
- Fun colors like Red, Blue, Purple and Black
- Powered by a long-life, 20-hour rechargeable battery
- Use the UE MEGABOOM app to take turns playing DJ. The Block Party feature lets up to three friends connect to a single UE MEGABOOM. You can then play, share, battle and discover new music with friends via your UE MEGABOOM.
We already own a speaker that is a competitor to this speaker, but there are several things that made me fall in love with this speaker over the current speaker that we own. First is the fact that with the app (which is free), I can connect another UE MegaBoom or UE Boom together for double sound! The louder you need it to be the louder it will get!! Although the single speaker alone is a pretty great firework on it’s own and I know it will be on the Christmas list of the teen this year!! My other favorite feature of this particular speaker is that you can awaken to the sounds you chose. With the musical alarm feature of the UE MegaBoom app, you can wake up to your favorite songs, Spotify playlists, Pandora stations or music on your phone. It’s such a neat feature to have. While my competitor speaker does have an app it basically allows me to connect the speaker to my phone and see the battery life of the speaker. Other then that it’s useless. It’s disheartening when I see what other products have available for the same or similar price points.
We also have the opportunity to give the Moto 360 Smart Watch a go. This watch is a great smart watch with a lot of features. It works paired with Android 4.3 or later smartphones as well as iPhones. It paired great with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and stayed connected. It didn’t drop off and stay connected. Some of the key features of the watch (from the website) are:
- Classic round design with edge-to-edge glass for maximum viewing area in minimal space
- Delivers updates from your compatible smartphone right to your wrist
- Powered by Android Wear, works with Android 4.3 or later smartphones as well as iPhones.
- Built for all-day use, Moto 360 has ample battery life, wireless charging and a water-resistant design
- It even responds to your voice, doubles as an activity tracker and has an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the screen’s brightness.
- Notifications right on your wrist
- Make it your own
- Responds to your voice
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Hands-free navigation
- Integrated Android Wear Apps
- Moto Body fitness tracker
- Long-lasting battery: You’re likely to run down before your Moto 360. Featuring a 400mAh internal battery, it has longer battery life than previous models. It’s able to provide up to 2 days of mixed use with Ambient off and up to a full day of mixed use with Ambient on. When your Moto 360 needs a power boost, simply place it in the included wireless charging dock.
The Moto 360 Smart Watch is loaded with features and has a wide variety of features that will suit every user. It was a very neat and fun device (and toy).
Verizon Wireless has some amazing gadgets and devices. The service through them is sound. I have been a personal customer of Verizon Wireless for over 8 years and I will never trade my service through them. I’ve had some device troubles, which were handled quickly and without a hitch and I was always treated with the very best customer service. I love seeing the new technology and taking it for a spin. As that happens our personal stash does grow because we do end up finding things that we love and in return end up purchasing. Check out your local Verizon Wireless store for all the latest and greatest gadgets and devices for your family. You won’t regret it! Just take a stroll in and meet with a wonderful customer service team member waiting to help you today!! And check out the Samsung Galaxy Edge S7, Moto 360 Smart Watch and that to die for UE MegaBoom Speaker!