Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I love all things tech. I have to admit it, I am a geek when it comes to my techy toys. But when it comes to my phone, I take some extra time to really get in to all the details. It’s important to me because my phone keeps me connected. I can use it on the go. I can manage my social media accounts, my emails, my blog and so much more. My smart phone has really truly become a tool that I need in my every day life. I also like the fact that I can allow my kids to play some educational games if I am in need, like when I am at a doctor’s appointment.
When I really thought about my phone, my iPhone, I had to ask myself, did it meet ALL of my needs? In simple, the answer was no. I’ve know for some time now that it hasn’t met my needs, however, I am a creature of habit and I didn’t want to rock the “comfort” boat. It’s also so much easier to stay in a phone when you’ve got the rest of your family all in the same device. The fact of the matter is that it truly just isn’t logical for me to stay in a device that doesn’t do everything I need it to do.
Is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 the phone for me? Is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 the phone for you? I had to ask myself this same question many times. I’ve balanced on the fence with an Apple device and an Android device for about the last year. Having partnered with Verizon, I have test drove a few newer Android devices. Specifically, the last few weeks I’ve been giving the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a run. There are so many amazing features on this phone. I am going to be breaking up the posts to make them easier to read and point out features. Watch for those special feature posts coming up! You won’t want to miss them.
What Makes The Note 3 Different?
- Large 5.7 inch HD Super AMOLED display screen 1080×1920 pixel resolution, scratch resistant glass
- Weighs 5.93 ounces
- Amazing 13 megapixel rear camera (2 megapixel front facing camera)
- S Pen – A stylus that tucks safely in the phone (pen contains a button that allows you more multiple functions)
- Long lasting 3200 mAh battery (this battery is a beast! It won’t let you down)
- Multiple pages with a magazine type layout
- Scrapbook – This little bulletin board can keep your favorite websites, DIY tutorials, photos and more all pinned to your favorite category
- Action Memo – Hand write your notes with the S Pen and turn your handwriting into text
- Multi Window – Have 2 windows open on your phone screen at one time. You can watch a You Tube video while surfing through Facebook. This is one of my FAVORITE features!
- WatchOn – This is an amazing feature that will turn your phone into a universal remote control that will control your TV, your DirecTV or othe provider. It also contains the TV guide and will recommend shows based on your favorites or the shows you frequently watch.
- Air Controls – The phone will learn you are reading and will auto scroll and more.
- Send messages, make calls and more without having to touch the phone. Hands-free mode will read out incoming callers information and more.
- Swype – This feature is great. You can swype across the keyboard along the letters of the word you wanted to type. For me this makes texting or long replies so much easier.
One Handed Use
The first thing that everyone that has seen the Note 3 I’ve been using is in regards to the size. I have small hands, so this was something that I really thought would be a problem for me. When I went browsing through the settings, I learned quickly that Samsung had really thought that out and made the phone operational for one handed use. You can do right hand or left hand.
Multiple Window Operation
Multiple window operation was a HUGE selling point for me on this phone. I love the fact that I can have two windows open. I can look up something I need on You Tube or Google and finish a text message or send off a link to someone via email. It’s a wonderful feature that I can not imagine how I did without. I know that the iPhone has a similar feature with the double tap home button, but you can only see one window at a time. With this you see the both windows.
Hands Free Mode
My husband and I often have conversations about using phones while driving. It’s very dangerous and being we live in a larger city, it’s in the news all the time. I love that the Note 3 has a Hands Free mode that allows things like the callers/senders name is read out loud.
I have to admit, I am not a person that likes my phone sounding off for every little thing. I do love to look at the notifications with one quick glance. The iPhone notification center has changed so much and it has NOT been for the positive. I LOVE the notification center on the Note 3. It’s perfect for me to see everything at a quick glance.
There is so much more to say about the Note 3. I hope you will stop back and read more as I dig deeper into this phone and the things that set it apart. I will be writing a piece on the camera and photography with this phone (which is SO stunning), take a look inside my Scrapbook and things the kids can use your Note 3 for! In the meantime, take a stop into your Verizon Wireless store and check out the Note 3 and all of the features and things it offers! You won’t be let down!