When I think back to when I was a teenager, my mom and dad told me all kinds of things about life that I never listened to. I probably couldn’t tell you 3 things that they told me. It’s not because I didn’t listen, it’s because I thought it would never apply to me. I think about it and I wonder what lessons I have learned in life. What are the top 10 lessons I’ve learned in life that I will not only tell to my children, but hope they retain.
Top 10 Life Lessons
1. I have learned that nothing in life is free. I think most people would say this and agree. Even things that are “free” have a price tag. Someone has done something (research, donations, etc) to make that free. This includes the libraries we use, our nature walks that are free and more. Everything comes with a price tag. It might be an emotional price tag, but there is a price tag on everything.
2. I’ve learned that you can keep going long after you think you can’t. There have been so many times when I have thought I had no more steam left in me.. after the accident, after we lost our dog, after every medical hurdle.. I just thought I had no more in me. But the truth is, we are so much stronger then we think and we CAN keep going and we DO keep going.
3. Relationships are work. Whether that’s the relationship between you and your spouse/partner or between friends. Relationships/friendships should enhance your life not complicate your life. This goes for both sides. If you are always giving and never getting even moral support, you may need to reevaluate your relationships.
4. Life is succession of lessons. They must be lived to be understood. While advise and stories from other can help you and can help influence your choices, some lessons have to be learned.
5. Happiness will never come to those who don’t appreciate what they have. Be thankful for EVERYTHING in your life. You have a life! You have a thing, maybe not the latest and greatest, but there are people who don’t have that. Appreciate everything you have in life. Anything less is negativity and it really won’t do anything good for you!
6. Everything is possible. Dream, believe, act, achieve. If you want it, work for it. Your choices and actions make things possible!
7. We learn something from everyone that comes into our lives. Some of those lessons are painful, some of them painless, but they are all priceless. Find the lesson in everything and everyone. Put your time and energy into those who want to be in your life. Your reward will come naturally.
8. One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go. Whether it’s guilt, anger, love. loss or betrayal; Change is never easy. We fight to hang on and we fight to let go.
9. Positivity is a must. Positive thoughts generate positive feelings and attract positive life experiences. Being positive will carry you must further in life them being negative will. It’s one of the most difficult things sometimes, but always try and remain positive.
10. You WILL make mistakes. It’s okay! We fall, we rise,
What are lessons that you have learned in life? What are lessons you want to pass on?