Heathly Resolutions With Sam’s Club New Year New You

Almost every new year, some one you talk to will tell you their New Year Resolution is to be healthier or to have a better fitness routine. I think in todays world we are very much on the go. While this does equate to us having less time to sit around and maybe not gaining as much weight, it can often lead to bad choices with food or other health aspects.

I can personally attest to that. If I am busy I might not eat breakfast, or I might have a fast food option for a lunch. Neither of these is good, but in the end it happens. It happens to all of us. For the last few months we’ve been eating a lot better as a family with dinners. The leftovers are often my lunch the next day, so I am making sure my food choices are healthy. Now I need to get my fitmess choices to be as healthly.

There are a lot of companies that are jumping on the wagon with pushing health and fitness. My husband has been taking yearly health exams at work in order to get a price break on our insurance. This is a company benefit and thud not trickled down to the employees. Having both Pompe’s and Fibromyalgia, I know how expensive medical bills can be. There are people I know that cannot afford to have health insurance. Often times people can’t afford the bills or the insurance. Simple things like blood work and screenings can alert you to a problem way before it’s truly a problem.

This year, for the fourth consecutative year, Sam’s Club pharmacies are giving back to their communities with a free health screening program. Last year the program preformed over 896,000 free screenings over 10 monthly events in their clubs. These screenings are available to everyone, Sam’s Club Members and non-members. The screenings are on the second Saturday of every month, January through October 2014. The New Year New You screenings are available in all Sam’s Clubs with a pharmacy in them. You can see if you local Sam’s Club has a pharmacy by looking it up online.

What Are The Sam’s Club Free Health Screenings?

The first health screening is available this Saturday, January 11, 2014 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. The free screenings are available while supplies last, valued at up to $100 and include: Glucose, Total Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index (BMI) and Vision Screening/Testing. Please note: there are some exclusions in specific states, please check your Sam’s Club prior to heading out for what services are available to you and remember these screenings are only available in Sam’s Clubs with pharmacies.

In addition to these savings, your Sam’s Club offer amazing savings on pharmacist administered flu shots and nine other immunizations. Sam’s Club continues on with their $4/$10 generic prescription prices to the public. I’ve personally used the prescription program for a few years and it has saved us so much money.

This year stay on top of your heath. Stay commited. Remember to head to your Sam’s Club and check out the free screening this weekend and every month (on the second Saturday) through October. This is a wonderful program by Sam’s Club and will help you get on your track to a healthier you!

Comments

25 Responses to “Heathly Resolutions With Sam’s Club New Year New You”

1. February 18, 2014 at 8:26 am

I know this is past but I think it’s a great service. I know a lot of people with no insurance would surely find this valuable. I hope they offer it again maybe for spring.

• Bobbie
      February 24, 2014 at 3:31 pm

It’s still going on!! Every 2nd Saturday of the month through October!! PleaE pass it along to those that need!

2. February 18, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Ahh, bummer that I missed this!

• Bobbie
      February 24, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Trisha, they do this EVERY month from January through October.. The 2nd Saturday of the month :)

3. March 23, 2014 at 11:59 am

That is great that they did that. I wish I had a Sam’s Club closer to me!

4. March 23, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I think it is really good that Sam’s promotes healthy life style. We shop Sam’s regularly! Great Store!

5. March 23, 2014 at 1:57 pm

WOW! That is awesome that they do this. $100 is such a good deal to find out all of that info.

6. March 23, 2014 at 3:46 pm

I love that companies offer free health screenings. So many people don’t go to the doctor for regular care and this is a great way to find basic things.

7. March 23, 2014 at 4:47 pm

hey we have a sams club not far from us. the vision screening alone is a huge value for folks who don’t have vision care!

8. k
    March 23, 2014 at 5:12 pm

too bad this has already happened. BTW i love your blog name!

9. March 23, 2014 at 6:12 pm

This was a service I did not know Sam’s Club offered, and it t is a really good idea!

10. March 23, 2014 at 7:06 pm

I hope they do these again. I would love to attend one of these!

11. March 23, 2014 at 8:27 pm

How wonderful that Sam’s Club pharmacies are giving back to their communities with a free health screenings. I am always happy to support business that support the community.

12. March 23, 2014 at 8:59 pm

I’m not big on resolutions because I never end up keeping them lol I do however need to focus on getting healthier this year and I’m hoping as the weather warms up, I will get more motivated.

13. March 23, 2014 at 10:25 pm

wow that’s a pretty cool thing that Sam’s Club does! I don’t ever make resolutions but that aside I do agree with getting a health screening.

14. March 23, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Sam’s Club us so awesome – I had no idea they offered health screenings! I think I might have to take my mom to one.

15. March 24, 2014 at 6:04 am

I have a sister-in-law (several in fact ;) ), and she switched jobs a few months ago…going to a place only part-time in hopes of getting in full-time. She did just get the FT offer, but it’s not until July (their fiscal year), so she has no insurance. I think she’s about to get fined for it!! She mentioned something about a deadline where you have to have it. She’s had insurance her whole life, the timing is just off w/the job switch. Resources like this are so good to know about, and I’m sharing it with her.

16. March 24, 2014 at 7:48 am

I love Sam’s Club! I have a family of 6 so buying in bulk sometimes is the cheaper route to go. Plus it is fun to shop there with all their samples to take advantage of.

17. March 24, 2014 at 8:30 am

I did not know that Sams Club had free healthcare screenings. We just had a Sams Club open up in the town a few towns away, I’ll have to give this a look into.

18. Dina
    March 24, 2014 at 9:42 am

I think this will become more prevalent. Thanks to the horrible healthcare in this country. :(

19. tee mcc
    March 24, 2014 at 9:53 am

I will pass this along to some of my friends! I think they will find it valuable!

20. March 24, 2014 at 9:56 am

We love Sam’s Club! I had no clue about this though! Thanks for sharing!