10 Things To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving
Every year I’ve tried to get the kids to give me at least one thing they are thankful for each year. It’s always interesting to see what they say. Of course as they have gotten older you get much longer answers and certainly something more then the word “you”. It’s always a great conversation.
Tonight we headed to my mom’s house for dinner. We had a great time with the family. Not much of my extended family comes anymore, but its more about those that do and the times we have. I have to say.. as busy as we all are everyday it is hard to keep up with everyone, so these small gatherings are always good. I know that they should be more frequent, but we do what we can.
What Are You Thankful For This Year?
I decided this year I would jot down 10 things I am thankful for. Of course many things cane to mind.. some important, some less important, some that I am thankful for daily. So here are the 10 things I am thankful for today:
1. I am thankful for my husband, my children, my family, my friends, my doctors, my nurses and our new pup, Jordy (yes, I realize this is 7 things, but they are all people, so it’s one thing for me).
2. I am thankful for my husband’s job and the fact that in this economy he still has a job and we are able to provide for our family.
3. I am thankful for the roof over my head.
4. I am thankful for my new project and everything it will bring to my family and my home.
5. I am thankful for food, for having a hot meal on my table for my family every night.
6. I am thankful for warm clothes, heat, blankets and the necessities we need for the winters and comforts in life.
7. I am thankful for all the freedoms I have because of the men and women who fight for our country and make it stay a country where we are free.
8. I am thankful that I have a heart full of love and many of the material things I don’t need but get to have anyway.
9. I am thankful for my blog and everything it has done, continues to do and every oppurtunity that it brings my family and I.
10. I am thankful that despite how bad a day is I wake up each day and HAVE that day.
There are so many times in life that we truly forget to be thankful for. There are so many days we take for granted. There are so many more things that we should be thankful for. Yes, I am thankful for lots of other things. There are other things like the heartaches (losing family members and our beloved puppy) that I am not so thankful for, but at the same time, I am thankful for the life lessons they teach me. No matter the hurdle, I am thankful that I get the chance to overcome that hurdle.
It is the little things. No matter what is going on in your life, please find the things you are thankful for and remember, many people can not be thankful for that. Everyday is a blessing. Everyday is a new blessing.
From my family to yours.. Happy Thanksgiving and/or Happy Hanukah!